Saturday, May 06, 2006

yr spirit is time-reversed to yr body

With much delight at the serendipity, (we were having these dreams at the same time!) I am reblogging an entry from the blogzine of Antonio Lopez. It's very fun and running on Word Press, which is more than I can say for myself here in the Google ghetto. You should definitely check it out. Antonio, come on down and let's go to the DC show together, ok?

You know those anxiety dreams when you run in place, you can’t dial the correct number, or you can’t remember the pass code that will get you out of your slumbering rut? Well, this morning I had a dream in which I was trying to buy Sonic Youth tickets on-line and all I got were endless pop-up windows. Thing is, I had set my alarm so I would be the first to buy Sonic Youth tix for their CBGBs show on June 13. When I awoke and actually tried to get tickets at 10:00 a.m. (believe me, I clicked as soon as the buy tickets icon appeared), within three minutes they were not available and my shopping cart kept saying “empty.” What the fuck! For two years I’ve been trying to see SY in NY and have yet to successfully get a ticket for a single damn show. You have no idea how this stretches my efforts towards cultivating nonattachment. This is as unskilled as it gets for me. I’m pissed! So please, anyone out there with the inside line, please, please get me in!!!!!!! (Whine, whine, whine)

1 comment:

Antonio said...

Thanks for the plug! I think I'm going to Bonnaroo that weekend and will see Sonic Youth and Radiohead!!!! Keep up the great blog! Remember, you are the dreamer being dreamed.